Monday, September 21, 2009

1 Day Before Judgement Day...


I stand before him, the eyes of justice, one meant to uphold the arms of liberty and justice for all of those that believe in this great nation... I stand before him the one meant to uphold the laws of man, knowing well that the only man that can truly judge me is God himself, and for that matter I stand not in fear, but in mercy... I stand as a man for the first time in my life... I beg for my good fathers forgiveness, fore I have sinned... It's not the first, and definitely not the last... I stand before you, a changed man... One that is accepting of the punishment that I have in fact put myself in. I fear not what you shall impose, and ask that in all of your grace, I still have life, and a chance of happiness... I will stand up as a man, and fully accept what you have handed down to me, your son, as a gift, because through all of my trials and tribulations, I can look back and notice the change that has taken place... I am forever grateful for you love and understanding, and in your name I pray, amen...
These are my final thoughts the night before I head to court to find my sentence for my second offense... As much as I'm trying not to be nervous about what is to come of this mess, it still haunts me... I know there's jail time in the mix of things, but at the same time, what should I fear of a crime that I flat out committed? Is it wrong to not fear something because of a typo on a report that could abolish this? Is it wrong to beg for mercy? Does it make me less of a man? I know through it all, my friends have said not to worry, what happens, happens for a reason, and this I know, but there's still that inner-most sense of what is coming... I joined a statistic that I never wanted to join... I have finally manned-up to the fact that what I did was wrong, and I intend to do anything and everything in my power to correct my mistakes... I have had to sacrifice a lot because of this situation... I've lost a relationship with my parents to which I never really realized I do hold so dear... I'm sure I've lost the respect of some of my friends... I've lost a part of my life that I felt a sense of pride in... For a few short days, I lost my faith in God, which is something that I never intended to do... Thankfully, all that I can do is work to get that back... I can look at this in a positive way, accept my sentence, and move forward... Or I can slip through the cracks and lose it all... Anyone that knows me knows that I have always accepted a challenge, and I intend to fight this to the death... I am one man taking on the justice system... The justice system set forth by this great nation to convict the guilty, and find innocence in those willing to change their ways... I have no intention of letting go, and falling into a life I have never wanted, therefore there's no option but to "adapt and overcome" as Cub says... I just want to take this time to say thank you to those I know and love... Thank you to those I thought I lost faith in that never walked away no matter how big of a jackass I was... Lastly, thanks to those still in my life, that are there for my support... I will update tomorrow once I figure out what happens in court... As for now, it's time to get back to life, and dwell on the future and not the past...
We'll see ya...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan I love you, I'm proud of you for staying so strong.